Milton Park Primary School
Children are at the heart of all we do at Milton Park Primary School ♥
We are looking to appoint an excellent teaching assistant who has the drive, passion and skills to see all children succeed. You will support the delivery of high standards of pupil achievement and progress through quality feedback in the classroom and the delivery of targeted interventions as directed by the class teacher and SENCO.
At Milton Park Primary School, we are proud of our diverse and warmly inclusive community in which many languages, cultures and children with special educational needs learn together. Our children receive a creative curriculum that is engaging and memorable.
Milton Park Primary School is a founding member of the University of Portsmouth Academy Trust which is committed to inclusivity, lifelong learning and ensuring our learners are well equipped to succeed at every stage. The heart and soul of UPAT is summed up in three core values: Belonging, Being, Becoming. By joining Milton Park Primary School and the UPAT family, you will be part of a friendly, hard-working team who have high aspirations for every child.
We are looking for someone who:
● embodies our school values: respect, pride, community, kindness, positivity and inclusivity
● has previous experience of motivating and supporting learning within primary age-range classroom
● is able to think creatively about how to help children overcome barriers to learning and access the curriculum through adaptation and report back the progress made
● is interested in SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) and has experience and/or qualifications in this area
● is an excellent team player
● understands the importance of relationships and restorative approaches and uses these to support children to be successful
● is highly motivated, inspirational and willing to learn
● is positive and understands the importance of inclusion
● understands the importance of working in partnership with parents and the community
● has effective ICT skills, excellent organisational and administrative skills
● has a good sense of humour and ability to think outside the box!
In return, we offer:
● an inspiring place that promotes curiosity, creativity, communication and confidence for children
● well behaved, motivated children who are caring and inclusive
● supportive, welcoming and dedicated colleagues and governors
● a commitment to professional development
● the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children in a richly diverse community
To find out more about our unique school, visit our website and Facebook page!
This post will initially be offered as a fixed-term position.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment.
Please send completed applications to email@example.com or post to Milton Park Primary School, Eastney Road, Portsmouth, PO4 8ET.
We will only contact applicants who we would like to invite to interview.
Closing date: midday on Wednesday 13th July 2022
Interviews: Monday 18th July 2022
Select the File | Download
How to apply
Applicants applying for a position must complete the application form. Please ensure all sections of the application are filled in. Please do not send CVs as we are unable to accept these.
For enquiries and to return applications please see details in the application pack.
Any offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of;
proof of right to work in the UK
pre employment medical check
clear enhanced DBS check